Date published: November 7 2019
The Nico Hulkenberg to IndyCar rumours have resurfaced with the German reportedly receiving a fresh offer to join the series.
Hulkenberg has one foot through the exit door in Formula 1 as his options for 2020 continued to dry up following Alfa Romeo’s decision to retain Antonio Giovinazzi.
He has ruled out linking up with his former team Williams, who still have Robert Kubica’s seat to fill, while Red Bull are set to choose Max Verstappen’s team-mate from within their own set-up.
Hulkenberg has already rubbished one particular report which suggested that he is was moving to DTM with BMW; he may feel compelled to take to social media again to call out “fake news” on another.
According to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport, Hulkenberg has been offered an IndyCar seat by Ed Carpenter Racing.
Earlier this year, Hulkenberg said that IndyCar was not something that interested him.
Hulkenberg said: “Ovals are not something that attract or strike me. I have a lot of respect for the drivers who do that, but it’s just not my thing. You can count that out.”
However, Auto Motor und Sport believe that the offer on the table would see Hulkenberg just drive on the street and road courses that make up the 2020 calendar.